Thursday, August 21, 2008

YB Lim Fail? Lim vs Koh-Malaysiakini

Lim vs Koh: Lively debate on land scam @http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/88201Andrew Ong Aug 21,
Months of verbal jousting on the ‘Penang land scam' culminated in a heated televised debate last evening between Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and his predecessor Dr Koh Tsu Koon.

Not bad.I'm sure many Malaysian would say this after the debate.Finally we have an equal fight here.Congratulate both participant for lively debate.Can we decide any winner here?I found both equally matched with some minor hiccup which I found more on YB Lim.Mind you, I'm an ardent YB Lim supporter but at the same time I must churn out my view openly and avoid any favouritism.I'm really sorry YB.Lim if I sound harsh.Below is just my sincere views.

Dr.Koh manage to stay on course on most of the debate and he gave perfect answer for all the questions without running out of topic and same goes to YB Lim.I just found some exaggerate element of boosting from YB Lim side which I heard before during election campaigning period.Maybe due to Permatang Pauh by election I guess.


Do YB Lim have to say ,"kita akan hapuskan miskin tegar dalam masa setahun".I found it rather interesting and felt he should just prove his word rather being emotional.Miskin tegar is not something to eliminate with government help alone.One must try to improve himself in due course rather just waiting for government aids.Saying is one thing but how to do it.Even superpower like Japan & USA still having miskin tegar in their respective countries and do government aids alone help them??I'm from poor family ,lived in squatter with no basic necessity like electricity & water in past.Did I rely on government aids alone?Did I received any special scholarship from government?Of course if government willing to offer such aids,maybe it will ease my burden but still will it be sufficient to just hand over the cash?Concrete measure should be done rather talking about "money from land deal scam could be diverted to help poors".BN government manage to reduce "miskin tegar" and this not something to deny.Maybe just not enough and will take time.Anyway personally I think born poor is not our fault but it's our fault if we die poor. One just need to change their mindset and work hard to improve their self.This can't be done with money and aids from government alone.


Back to topic,I can't help myself to ask this question,why can't YB Lim gather solid evidence before pointing finger at Dr.Koh?What's so difficult to report such scam with evidence to BPR 1st before announce it in public?Do he think it's hard to gather such evidence as a CM ?I don't think so.About transferring government staff.I really found it ridiculous to label it as a punishment since this is not punishment at all.The government staff still getting the same salary and will enjoy the same benefit just different work place.He can put it as prevention act rather labeling it as punishment.When talking about punishment,do we really need to punished such workers if such mistake due to his negligence's?If he did it based on personal profit,I'm sure he's in jail now.That is punishment and to get such punishment,YB should prove , this government staff squander cash.I agree with Dr.Koh to let him off with warning since BPR fail to find any element of kickback.Maybe Dr.Koh should transfer him to prevent same misdeed.This is what Dr.Koh missed and YB Lim have a point there alone.So talk about punishment is not something to be politicised.


Ok,about RM40Million deal,did YB Lim studied 2 BPR previous reports and current court proceeding ?He should catch anything amiss from there rather asking same question again and again.Look like he just out there to put previous government in dark not to solve the problem.I didn't find anything contradict from Dr.Koh statement and he clearly state such negligence due to 40 years old mistake and he show clearly they try to fix it using legal channel.YB Lim should just jump to bigger scandal than hanging on this alone.Sorry to say,he look like a sore loser here.
I do agree such misdeed happen and I'm sure many gain from such scam.Element of kickback can't be ruled out in any scam and this is YB Lim job to bring the criminal to light 1st and then maybe he can point his finger.

YB Lim should just working towards solving it and punish rather asking Dr.Koh or others to shoulder the responsibility.Yes,nothing wrong by exposing but why you need Dr.Koh help to solve it??Just carry on to expose the problem and don't bother any defending comments from Dr.Koh previous administration.Just like Pak Lah said,"Yang bersalah tak pernah mengaku"If you think it happen under Dr.Koh nose,than why bother asking him to help you?Why forcing someone to carry the responsibility and just hoping him to say sorry,I did mistake in past.This won't solve and will not help a bit and such blatant exposure by YB Lim will only benefit PR in sense,gaining more support from people.At end,YB.Lim just feeding sensational news to us and nothing more.In total,PR should think like a government rather as opposition here.

As I mentioned above, I just being sincere without bias to anyone.I hope YB.Lim will improve the level of professionalism in handling such issues and ultimately solve the problem.This is the reason we vote BN out since we know previous government misdeed and there is no point when we keep on talking about it .Ultimately your action and result will speak for itself.

Vicky

No comments: